Montagu Museum

Montagu

Montagu Museum

Montagu Museum consists of three buildings, the Old Mission Church (1907), Joubert House (1853) and the KWV Building.  The focal point of the church is its original pulpit. Attractions include the Indigenous Medicinal Plant research project, the Francoise Krige collection of paintings and the T.O. Honiball collection of cartoons.

Joubert house portrays the lifestyle of the rural Victorian era. Its medical herb gardens reflect indigenous knowledge of the area’s earliest people.

In 2007 the new art gallery was established in a part of the KWV Building on the corner of Kohler and Long Street.

Contact

41 Long Street, Montagu
Hours: Weekdays: 9:00 – 16:30
Saturday – Sunday: 10:00 – 12:00
Tel: 023 614 1950
Email: mmuseum@telkomsa.net

An entrance fee is charged

Montagu Museum

Enquiry / Message

14 + 3 =